Marriage License Age 16-17
If you are age:
Age 21 or Over
Preparation of Marriage License
Certified Copy of Marriage License
- Both parties must personally appear at the Register of Deeds Office.
- Both parties must present a certified birth certificate
- Both parties must present a valid government picture ID card (driver's license,
passport, etc.) that includes date of birth information.
- You must bring a Social Security card or something valid with your number on
it or an affidavit which indicates that you are not eligible for a Social Security number.
- The requirement regarding divorce decrees is: If your previous marriage ended in divorce less than a year before, you will need to bring a copy of your divorce decree. If the divorce was more than a year before, you will need the exact month, day, and year of the divorce.
- The applicant between sixteen and eighteen must file with the register a written consent to the marriage signed by the appropriate person, agency, or institution, which could be:
- A parent having full or joint legal custody of the underage marriage applicant; or
- A person, agency, or institution having legal custody or serving as guardian of the underage marriage applicant.