After being signed up for service, trips may be scheduled by calling reservations at 252.475.5640 or 252.475.5765, between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Medical trips may be scheduled up to two months in advance. Voicemail is available after hours, on weekends, and on holidays. Drivers are not allowed to take reservations for passengers; this is done through the DCTS office.
Please have the following information available to schedule a trip:
- Name of the passenger who will be riding
- Street address of the passenger who will be riding
- Telephone number of the passenger who will be riding
- Destination name and street address of where the passenger needs to go
- Date of the appointment
- Time of the appointment
- Return time
- If applicable, any type of assistive device used (wheelchair, walker, cane)
- Whether an escort or personal care attendant will accompany the passenger
- If a child will be transported, the type of child safety seat that will be needed
- If shopping, does the passenger need any help with packages
For safety reasons and due to eligibility restrictions, passengers are not allowed to get off the van at any location other than their scheduled destination.