Dare County Emergency Management has a full-time staff that receives specialized training in many varied fields. Like other public safety officials, staff members serve the community 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SIGN UP FOR EMERGENCY ALERTS
VIA TEXT, EMAIL, & PHONE
Sign up to receive email, text, and voice notifications from Dare County Emergency Management through the new emergency alerts system, powered by Regroup.
Don’t Let Your Guard Down - Continue to Monitor and Be Prepared
- Contact Dare County Emergency Management
While updated forecasts from the National Hurricane Center indicate that Hurricane Irma will track west of Dare County, Dare County Emergency Management Director Drew Pearson is quick to point out that it is the height of hurricane season and everyone should continue to monitor forecasts and prepare not only for Irma, in case the track changes, but for future storms that may come our way.
“At this point, even small changes in the track of Irma could lead to greater impacts for our area,” said Pearson. “I encourage everyone to continue to monitor weather forecasts from trusted sources, review your personal hurricane and evacuation plans, and be sure emergency supply kits are stocked and available if needed. Hurricane season runs through November 30 and it is important for everyone to be prepared.”
Large swells associated with Hurricane Irma will continue to impact the coast and build through early next week. Dangerous rip currents and high surf with possible beach erosion will be experienced this weekend into early next week.
- Preparedness information is available at readync.org or ready.gov.
- Details regarding Dare County’s reentry procedures are available at darenc.com/reentry.
- For updated information from the National Hurricane Center, visit http:/www.nhc.noaa.gov.
- For local weather conditions, visit http://www.weather.gov/mhx/.
- Sign up to receive emergency notifications from Dare County Emergency Management at darenc.com/emergencyalerts.
- Follow Dare County Emergency Management on Twitter @DareCountyEM.