Manager's Proposed 2016/17 Budget
- Contact Dare County Public Relations
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
County Manager Bobby Outten presented his recommended budget for the next fiscal year that begins July 1, to the Dare County Board of Commissioners on Monday, May 2. The public may provide comments and feedback during a public hearing scheduled for Monday, June 6 at 10:00 AM The proposed General Fund budget totals $104.2 million and maintains the property tax rate at 43 cents per $100 of valuation. The plan includes funding for Board of Commissioners priorities, including:
- Commitment to funding quality education for our students, as agreed upon by the Board of Commissioners and Board of Education last year.
- Continuation of funding for the proactive dredging maintenance plan for our inlets.
- Funding to begin implementation of the County employee salary study that is currently underway.
- Emphasis on fiscal responsibility and accountability by addressing the fund deficit of the Insurance Fund and continuing progress in increasing the fund balance of the General Fund.
- Funding to complete the Economic Diversification Strategic Plan for Dare County.