EMAIL ALERTS FOR LARGE ITEM PICK-UP & TRASH COLLECTION SCHEDULE
Sign up below to receive an email alert when holiday trash collection and large item pick-up schedules are released.
The Dare County Sanitation Department will be conducting a large household pick‐up for residential customers only. NO COMMERCIAL BUSINESS DEBRIS WILL BE PICKED UP.
The pick-up schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - East Lake, Stumpy Point, Manns Harbor
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020 - Wanchese (this includes Skyco area)
- Tuesday, February 18, 2020 - Manteo (outside town limits)
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020 - Colington Harbour (inside the gate)
- Tuesday, March 17, 2020 - Colington (houses located off Colington Rd, not in the gated community of Colington Harbour)
- Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - Buxton, Frisco, Hatteras
- Tuesday, March 31, 2020 - Avon
- Wednesday, April 1, 2020 - Rodanthe, Waves, Salvo
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - Martins Point
PLEASE DO NOT INTERFERE WITH COUNTY EMPLOYEES PICKING UP LARGE ITEMS.
If large item pick‐up falls on your regular garbage collection day, please do not block the garbage container. Be mindful of overhead power lines and try to place items in such a way that County trucks will not be in danger of coming in contact with them. Materials must be at curbside no later than 6:00 am on the date of collection. There will not be a second day pick‐up.
On this special pick‐up, the County will collect the following recyclable items: used auto tires, used motor oil (only in spill proof containers), auto radiators, scrap metals (rims, motor parts), appliances, furniture, mattresses and box springs. Please remove doors from refrigerators.
The following items WILL NOT be collected: old clothes, shoes, cardboard, etc., tree limbs, stumps, leaves, any yard‐clearing debris, construction/demolition materials such as lumber, toilets, windows, doors, etc., any hazardous materials (oil based paint, pesticides, etc.). Water based paint can be picked up but must be dried out. All normal household garbage must be disposed of in your black can.
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ITEMS FOR THE COUNTY LARGE ITEM PICKUP AT THE ROADSIDE UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE YOUR PICKUP WILL BE HELD. IF THE COUNTY DOES NOT TAKE AN ITEM(S) YOU PLACED ON THE ROADSIDE, IT HAS BEEN REJECTED AND MUST BE DISPOSED OF AT YOUR EXPENSE. TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR HOME AND RESPECT YOUR NEIGHBORS. DO NOT LEAVE TRASH AT THE ROADSIDE EXPECTING IT TO BE PICKED UP.