Title VI Policy Statement
It is the policy of Dare County Transportation to ensure that no person shall on the ground of race, color, national origin, sex, age, and disability, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any Dare County Transportation program or activity, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Restoration Act of 1987, and any other related Civil Rights laws and authorities.
Notifying the Public of Nondiscrimination Rights
- Dare County Transportation operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, and disability in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and related statutes. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice may file a complaint with the Dare County.
- For more information on Dare County Transportation civil rights program, and the procedures to file a complaint, contact Dare County Title VI Program Coordinator at 252.475.5823; email email@example.com; or visit our administrative office at 954 Marshall C. Collins Drive, Manteo, NC. 2795. For more information, visit www.darenc.com
- A complainant may file a complaint directly with the North Carolina Department of Transportation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Workforce Services, External Civil Rights Section, 1511 Mail Service Center, Raleigh, NC 27699-1511, Attention: Title VI Nondiscrimination Program; phone: 919.508.1808 or 800.522.0453, or TDD/TTY: 800.735.2962.
- A complainant may file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration by filing a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR,1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590.
- If information is needed in another language, contact 252.475.5641, Si se necesita informacion en otro idioma de contacto, 252.475.5825.