North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order Number 142 extends the prohibition on residential utility disconnections until July 29
The complete Executive Order Number 142 can be found here: https://files.nc.gov/governor/documents/files/EO142-Temp-Prohibitions-on-Evictions-and-Extending-Prohibition-on-Utility-Shut-Offs.pdf
Dare County Water Department’s Customer Notification of the Requirements of North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper’s Executive Order Number 124
Executive Order Number 124
• As of March 31, 2020, for at least 60 days, the Dare County Water Department is prohibited from disconnecting residential utility services for nonpayment of quarterly water bills.
• As of March 31, 2020, for at least 60 days, the Dare County Water Department will not impose new penalties for late payments or collect on penalties that were imposed on residential accounts.
• Dare County Water Department will provide its customers an opportunity to set up reasonable payment plans to pay any delinquencies on residential accounts.
• Dare County Water Department will reconnect utility services that were disconnected prior to March 31, 2020 when requested by the customer.
The complete Executive Order Number 124 can be found here: https://governor.nc.gov/documents/executive-order-no-124
The Dare County Water Department serves Avon, Buxton, Colington, Duck, Frisco, Hatteras, Kitty Hawk, Roanoke Island, Rodanthe, Salvo, Southern Shores, Stumpy Point, Wanchese, and Waves.
If you have questions or concerns and your property is located in the Town of....
Kill Devil Hills: 252.480.4080 or click here for the Kill Devil Hills website
Nags Head: 252.449.2004 or click here for the Nags Head website
Manteo: 252.473.4106 or click here for the Manteo website
Call 252.475.5990 to report a water main leak
Water Meter Information
About Water Bills
- Payment Options
- Pay Water Bill Online
- Billing Schedule
- Billing Rates
- Rules & Regulations
- Water Fees
- New Customer Information Packet (contains billing schedule, rates, fees, and rules & regulations)
- Dare County Ordinance Chapter 51 - Water (pdf document)
- An Unauthorized Water Connection is a Crime in Dare County (NC House Bill #1616)
- Sign up for new service
- Change Ownership of Existing Account
- New Tenant Name Form
- Sign up for Bank Drafting
- Address Change for Existing Account
- Leak Adjustment
- Hydrant Meter Application
- Home Inspection Temporary Water Service Request
You may complete, print and mail to:
Dare County Water Department
600 Mustian St.
Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
Need help or more information regarding your water bill, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 252.475.5990.