Welcome to Duck. We’re happy you’re here! Our Town Park and Boardwalk are open for you to enjoy. Duck Surf Rescue lifeguards are on duty while you have fun in the sun. Duck Merchants are standing by with top-notch food, eclectic gifts, and unique experiences. Each year, we look forward to sharing our summer with Free Family Events at the Town Park. We’ve made a few changes as 2020 has thrown challenges our way, but it hasn’t affected our spirit! Please check our website and social media pages for updates about staying safe and having fun in Duck.
Stretching from the Atlantic Ocean to Currituck Sound and Ginguite Creek, Southern Shores is a premiere residential community on the Outer Banks. Located along US158 and NC 12, Southern Shores is known for its great weather, beautiful homes and tremendous community pride. As our beaches begin to open and to welcome visitors once again to our beautiful shores, the health and safety of our visitors and residents remain a top priority. Please check our website southernshores-nc.gov and social media pages for updates.
The Town of Kitty Hawk welcomes everyone and we are looking forward to a safe, healthy and fun summer. Safety of everyone is our top priority and we continue to follow all applicable guidelines, orders and recommendations.
- Town Beaches are open with a roving Ocean Rescue Service. Full service begins Memorial Day. Guards will be reminding beachgoers to follow state guidelines.
- Kitty Hawk Bath House and parking lot remain closed due to renovations.
- Sandy Run Park is open and being sanitized several times per week. The Sandy Run Park Playground and the Paul Pruitt Pocket Park are currently closed.
For up-to-date information, please visit kittyhawknc.gov/coronavirus-information
The desire to be outside is more powerful than ever. The sunshine and warmer temperatures are bringing more citizens out to the beach and parks. In order to keep ourselves, our loved ones, and our communities protected, it is critically important that we all continue to maintain a physical distance from others (who are not part of the same household) when visiting the beach or one of our parks. Specific area closures and modifications can be found on our website, kdhnc.com. We’re all in this together, and we’ll all get through this together.
Catch a fish or go for a swim, take a walk or relax on a bench. Nags Head’s beautiful beaches and family-friendly parks are special places where many memories are made. This year, however, those memories may be modified due to COVID-19. We encourage you to get outside and enjoy nature, but please do so responsibly. As you are out and about in Nags Head, ensure you and your family are following social distancing guidelines and avoiding gatherings of any size outside your household. Make memories together by staying apart. Be safe. Be smart. Have fun.
The historic waterfront Town of Manteo is located on Roanoke Island and is made up of artisans, historical attractions, local retail shops and restaurants, beautiful bed and breakfasts, and various water activities. The waterfront boardwalk, with the Roanoke Marshes Lighthouse as the backdrop is the perfect place to sit and relax or take a stroll to explore all that Manteo has to offer. Parks are open but playgrounds are still closed. We encourage you to follow social distancing and other public health guidelines. Please check the Town’s website and social media for updates on open attractions, businesses and much more!
Staying healthy while remaining safe is important to us all, so please do your part to social distance, keep group sizes to 25 people or less, and park 20 feet away from other vehicles on the beach. Visitors are urged to practice Leave No Trace principles as services are limited this summer.
Lifeguard services are available daily at four popular beaches from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Outdoor restrooms at ALL Dare County facilities are closed until further notice.
- The Rodanthe Public Beach Access is open. Please remember, social distancing doesn't end when you hit the sand, spread out to slow the spread! Stay 6 feet apart.
- Parks are open but playgrounds remain closed. This includes playgrounds in Manns Harbor, Avon, Kill Devil Hills, the Rodanthe Community Center Playground and the playground at Wescott Park.
- The Fessenden Center Skate Park and the Kitty Hawk Dog Park are open. Please respect social distancing guidelines. The Roanoke Island Dog Park is closed temporarily due to construction.
- The Old Swimming Hole on Roanoke Island is open. Lifeguard available 7 days a week from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. beginning Memorial Day weekend.
- For updates regarding the COVID-19 response in Dare County, please visit DareNC.com.